Thursday, April 10, 2008

New Puppies

We had an unfortunate event this week where some of the neighborhood dogs dug under our fence and killed 6 of our 8 baby goats. They were all only 1-4 days old. We were all so upset! The kids had been wanting a new puppy since we had to put our lab down this year. We had been researching getting a new lab, but once the "murders" occured we decided to get Great Pyrenese puppies (which are known to guard livestock). They grow up to be 120-150 lbs. and will really defend other animals, but are good with people. They are only 9 weeks old right now and you can see how big they already are. The kids named them Duke and Duchess (they are brother and sister). We are all loving having fun little puppies around again.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Well, in your family- when you lose animals you must buy more! Ya'll really are living the country life! We love it! I am so sad to hear about your goats though- poor little babies.

Danielle said...

What's next? A zebra, maybe a giraffe? You have your own little zoo around there! I bet the kids love it! Sorry to hear about your baby goats, those puppies are adorable!

The Johnsonz said...

Hey Labrums! I'm glad that Tami found your blog. Now I can check in and see what you are all up to! Sorry to hear about the goats.
Evan

ambyr said...

kim!! hey!! I found your blog somehow and yor kids are so beautiful!!! What a sad story about those goats!!! and your little girl teething!! oh-can't wait for those times again!!

ambyr said...

here's my blog....

www.ambyrporterphotography.blogspot.com