Sunday, June 8, 2008
Surgery Day
Poor, sweet Hailee had to get her tonsils and adnoids out on Friday. She has had rampant strep throat for the last 3 years and had also grown a 3rd tonsil. The doctor said they really needed to be removed so we scheduled it for the day after school got out. The surgery itself was only 15 minutes long (amazing) but from the time we left home until the time we returned was 7 1/2 hours. Addi did amazing being there that long...thank goodness I had Jason's help. The first picture is of Hailee when she first received the "giggle juice" which relaxes them. This is where I had to leave her. The second picture is when she was in the recovery room and in a lot of pain and very scared. The final picture is when they were wheeling her out to the car. She slept most of the first day. The 2nd day was pretty bad, and today is the 3rd day and has actually been the worst. Poor girl! I feel so sorry for her and hate seeing her in so much pain. She is hardly getting any fluids down which worries me so her Pop is coming to give her a blessing tonight. Hopefully the intense pain will subside some. I am so proud of how good she has done with it all though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Oh I can only imagine how hard it must be for her....She looks like a trooper though!
Poor girl! Dallin has struggled with strep throat as well. He has had scarlett fever TWICE as a result of strep. I am sure the day will come soon for him to get his tonsils out and I can ask you for advice! Good luck!
Hang in there Hai-bop! Day 5 has already passed so hopefully it should all be uphill from here! Jesse and Jocelyn love you too! Jocelyn has been practicing walking for you!
Good luck! We hope you feel better soon!
I can't believe she can even get a smile out right after, in the recovery pictures! I hope she's starting to feel better and keeping some fluids out. Not fun! Andrew can somewhat feel for you Hai!
Post a Comment