Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Pinkalicious Party
So we needed something creative, fun, and out of the ordinary to do today with Jason out of town for 10 days. I had seen this idea months ago on a parenting site and just filed it away in my memory. We read the book "Pinkalicious" which is about a girl who eats too many pink cupcakes and then turns pink. We began by all dressing in pink and decorating the kitchen pink. (Brady wore a shirt with a small pink stripe). After that we read the book. We then made a chocolate cake covered in pink icing - which they did all alone, and decorated it with as many sprinkles as the kids wanted. Next we made pink juice and had our snack. We then did jewelry making. At the end of the story the girl has to eat all green things to turn back into her normal color, so we had an all green dinner. It was a lot of fun and the kids LOVED it! They are already asking when we are doing a different kind of color and book party again. Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm sure Brady was thrilled with the pink party...what a cute idea! I think I'll try that with Kali in the fall when the boys are in school!
Such a cute idea! We'll have to try that sometime! How did Brady do with it? :) I'm sure if he's at all like Carter that he'll do anything it takes to have his sisters include him!
Post a Comment