Saturday, December 20, 2008
What an Amazing Young Woman!
I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to have Hailee as a daughter. She is truly an amazing young woman! I have always known this, but she just reiterated it to me yesterday. She went to a movie, dinner, and slumber party with a lot of her friends yesterday to celebrate the beginning of Christmas break. At the last minute the girls all decided to see a PG-13 movie which Hailee knows she does not watch. She really struggled at the beginning because she did not want to be embarresed. She bought her ticket and sat down for the movie. She said that she felt awful inside and knew she just could not watch it. She got up and walked out and ended up seeing a G rated movie with the mom and little sister. I am soooooo proud of her! I know how incredibly hard that was for her to stand up for her values. This experience made Jason and I feel a little bit better about her growing up and approaching the teenage years - but wow, we know there are many more to come. I am so proud of the example Hailee is to her parents, siblings, and friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
awwww!!! what a precious little girl. I've always thought the world of her. She really is special. That is SO great she stood up for her values. Im so proud of her! What great parents you are!
Good job Hay! What a hard decision- I am so pround of you! We love you!
Go Hailee!!! WOW!!! that's awesome!!! You have a wonderful daugter.....all because she has two amazing parents that teach her well!!!
She is such a good girl and I can not wait to have her in the Young Women Program!!! We will have such a great time!
Post a Comment