Saturday, June 13, 2009
Tuesday in Cancun
On Tuesday we got up early and went on our deep-sea fishing trip. It was an experience! We all did fine on the 1 hour ride out, but the minute we stopped to fish and the boat started rocking, the motion sickness kicked in BIG time! Jason, Brady, Lauren, and I all started vomiting over the side of the boat (lovely, I know!). Luckily the kids were all able to catch fish though. They all caught tuna and we ate some of them for dinner that night. I think Lauren and I have sworn off deep-sea fishing forever now. That afternoon we went to another gorgeous beach and pool. What a relaxing fun vacation - until that night... Jason and I tried to go find Wal*Mart only to get VERY lost in some very scary part of Mexico, and since we don't speak Spanish we could not ask for direction and to top it all off we got pulled over TWICE by "dirty cops" who claimed we were speeding when we weren't and made us pay them to not have to go to the police station. It was a long 3 hours, in which I got a little dramatic thinking I might never see my beautiful children again! Luckily they were safetly tucked in bed at my parents condo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kim that trip looks amazing! What a memorable experience for the kiddos!
And the "dirty cops" thing, wow. That's a bit frightening. That's the kind of stuff that I am paranoid about in Mexico.
Glad you guys made it back safely! Beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment