Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving










This week we did the annual pumpking carving. Most years we do either carving or painting, but this year the kids wanted to do both. I wish I was able to relax more during this activity, but the mess it makes stresses me out. Every year I tell myself that I will just give into the disaster, but I still can't do it. Hopefully that will get better over time. The kids had a blast though and were really creative with their jack-o-lanterns.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

What cute, creative, SCARY pumpkins and even CUTER pumpkin carvers!

Karina said...

What a cute idea to let them each do one - we just make ours all draw a face on paper then mesh them together for the actual carving on the 1! It was fun to see you today, despite the craziness and mud!

Anonymous said...

How fun! We haven't done anything with pumpkins yet...so I guess I need to hurry and jump on that since Halloween is only a few days away! I need to call and get more details...if it is okay we would love to come to your halloween party...it will be much more fun that our trunk or treat. THanks for making the effort to come all the way down for hte halloween party. :)