Tuesday, March 3, 2009
New Project
It seems like we are always acquiring new animals around our place (my husband thinks he is a farmer). Hailee is now raising 25 chickens for a 4-H project to show in the youth fair. I have always thought baby chickens are cute, but after having this many, I now only think they are cute for the first day. They all lived in our laundy room for the first week and boy, did they stink! I put my foot down after that first week and demanded that they move outside. I got a little bit of what I wanted - they did move out of the house but only as far as the garage. These things could honestly make me want to become a vegetarian. They are now a month old and luckily we only have a month left to go before they go to the sale. If anyone wants to buy chickens, just let us know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are a good woman!
Post a Comment