For Christmas Eve this year we went down to Grandma and Grandpa's to celebrate. We began with some caroling to friends and neighbors, but it was really cold so we only went to a few. We then had their traditional dinner of waffles, whipped cream, strawberries, and homemade syrup. Next all of the grandchildren acted out the Nativity Play. I loved that they did this because it was something that was one of my own family traditions growing up. I really had a hard time this Christmas Eve! I really missed not seeing any of my immediate family. Megan was an adorable Mary, Brady was the ever handsome Joseph, Hailee the perfect narrator, and Addi the true angel. They did a great job and were so cute!!! Grandpa then read a Christmas story to the family. We then headed home to get our house ready for Santa. The kids wrote their annual letter to Santa and put out cookies and milk for him and carrots for the reindeer.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Christmas Eve at Grandma and Grandpa's
For Christmas Eve this year we went down to Grandma and Grandpa's to celebrate. We began with some caroling to friends and neighbors, but it was really cold so we only went to a few. We then had their traditional dinner of waffles, whipped cream, strawberries, and homemade syrup. Next all of the grandchildren acted out the Nativity Play. I loved that they did this because it was something that was one of my own family traditions growing up. I really had a hard time this Christmas Eve! I really missed not seeing any of my immediate family. Megan was an adorable Mary, Brady was the ever handsome Joseph, Hailee the perfect narrator, and Addi the true angel. They did a great job and were so cute!!! Grandpa then read a Christmas story to the family. We then headed home to get our house ready for Santa. The kids wrote their annual letter to Santa and put out cookies and milk for him and carrots for the reindeer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What cuties! We soooo missed spending Christmas with you ALL this year too! I'm so "hungry" to have all of the family together. I love how tight Meg is holding onto that donkey as to not take a spill again! I love you all!
I love that Megan is rocking out as Mary...she was so cute! The Christmas story was a lot of fun...everyone was so cute in their little costumes...and it wouldn't have been possible without Hailee the narrator! We sure love you guys!
What a wonderful way to spend Christmas Eve. Hailee is such a pretty young lady! They look adorable in their costumes.
Post a Comment